What do you do when you see two dogs going at it?

This morning I saw two dogs standing on the corner in the throws of passion and I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! Do I turn my head and look away? Yell at them to 'STOP IT YOU NASTY THINGS!' What do I tell my son who is asking me why those dogs have their butts stuck together?

I blushed, hurried him along with the good ole' "I don't know sweetie" and thankfully they were done and gone on my way back from dropping the kids off at school!

It was a situation I hope to never encounter again!

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! I think of my MIL.......She is the picturest taking woman I've ever met and will photograph anything! She has a photo album dedicated to animals, even pictures of dead ducks, etc, and in it she has a photo of two frogs going at it! When I asked her why she said, "Well, that's something you just don't see often." It was a joke between my husband and I for years. Other than that I look at the male dog and say to myself that the goofy look (almost a grin) that he inevitably will have on his face transcends the species, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• "that's how puppies make babies" is what I would have said. I don't think it's nasty otherwise I wouldn't have sex with my husband but I could see how it would catch you off guard.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• WHY did they have to do it on the CORNER??? Have they no shame? lol...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• LOL. I would just say the same thing then try to distract my kids and pretend it is no big deal. I would just look away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Thats the reason right there, they have NO shame, lol. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• WindyTheWidow, That is so awesome! lol... I'll have to tell my oldest daughter abut that photo album because she's an aspiring photographer and tha'ts something she'd get a laugh over. Two frogs going at it. lol...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i'd think, "lucky bitch", wish i was at home doing that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't really think much one way or the other. It's just dogs doing what comes natural to them. I'd just keep walking, and if my child asked me what they were doing, I would just tell them they were making puppies. I think it's better to use those kinds of teachable moments that come up instead of having one big sitdown about reproduction when they are older. I'm pretty matter of fact about things.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My DH and I were trying to find something to eat late one night in a town we were unfamiliar with...we missed our turn so we turned behind this liquor store....and there in the dark...were these two tiny dogs - just going to town...but we scared them...my hubby and I were laughing our butts off! It seemed so sleazy...LOL...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Omg that happend today on the TODAY show!! They were doing makeovers on rescue dogs and they brought all the dogs out at the end. Meridith had one and Al Roker had one, and the two dogs started to go at it, it was sooo funny!
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2009