Has anyone had a baby at 25 weeks?

My best friend had her baby at 25 weeks yesterday. He only lived about an hour. We have no idea what went wrong. She has had a healthy pregnancy. In the last week though she was having some pains. We had endles test done and everything came back good. Wenesday night she just had him though.

juyehara

Asked by juyehara at 10:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started going into labor at 24 weeks but they were able to stop it so i didnt deliver till i was 34 weeks. But im sorry for her loss. That must be hard. When they are born that premature there is never a strong chance that they will make it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My son was born at 26 weeks, he was small, but a strong fighter, and he is almost 5 now. Am sorry for your friend and baby.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I was actually reading online yesterday about a miracle baby that was born at 21 weeks and 6 days, but the mom lied and told the Dr that she was 23 weeks and 6 days since they wont try and save a baby before 24 weeks bc it's very unlikely they will survivie. This little girl weighed 9oz and was only 9 1/2 inches long. She's about 3 years old now and just fine. I'm an very sorry for your friends loss. I know it must be devastating.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1021034/The-tiniest-survivor-How-miracle-baby-born-weeks-legal-abortion-limit-clung-life-odds.html
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my moms cousin did...he lived ( now 7 years old ) ...he just got off of a feeding tube, but he is really healthy and normal now....it just took sooo long.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My son was born at 25 1/2 weeks. He had a huge struggle but finally pulled through and now just has developmental issues. I'm sorry your friends baby didn't make it. I didn't have any difficulties in my pregnancy either. Just happened one day. She is in my prayers!
    MaMaBaN

Answer by MaMaBaN at 11:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2009