how far along???

how far along are you and when should you stop sleeping on your stomach?

TriniteysMommy

Asked by TriniteysMommy at 10:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I slept on my stomach until about 36 weeks when I started BH. I have a pillow (not a body pillow) that looks like a 5 ft snake that I would make a pillow with a doughnut hole in the middle for my belly and lay that way. I have a hard time sleeping any other way than on my stomach.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I believe the rule of thumb is 16 weeks. But, I also think that it has alot to do with when you start feeling the uncomfortable on your stomach (or at least thats what I've been told). My oldest was a big baby and I started feeling uncomfortable on my stomach at 16 weeks. My younger child was a much smaller baby and I was comfortable on my stomach up through like 22 weeks.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I am 15 weeks and have not been on my tummy for a couple of weeks, it is all based on comfort. When the baby is sticking out or you can feel the pressure of laying that way then you should not do it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I always sleep on my side, I wouldn't want to sleep on my belly I'd be afraid I'd hurt the baby at any point.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• not sure ,i guess when you start feeling uncomfortable. But I was always told by the doctors to either sleep on my back. or on my side, to try to not sleep on your belly.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i slept on my stomach til i had my baby at 39 weeks, she is happy and healthy
    raenicole88

Answer by raenicole88 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My chiropractor said that it's best to sleep on your side all the time. Sleeping on your back or stomach affects the alignment of your spine and cause more pain during pregnancy.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 11:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2009