Are you a single mother with a tween daughter?? I need help...

Im getting ready to move out of the house i share with my SO. I've decided to call it quits for many reasons, but Im now faced with the fact i'll be a single parent to my 9 yr old (from previous relationship) and now the 1 yr old i have with him. My 9 yr old recently got her period, acts out from time to time, & he says i do not discipline her the right way & that im too soft on her. He says i need to stop getting parenting advice from other women & start gettin it from men bc they're the ones who know how to discipline kids. But he said when i leave, he wont be in her life anymore to help discipline her. Then i asked him if his dad would help me discipline her if she gets out of line. He told me NO, that i need to get it through my head that when i leave none of his family is going to do things for my 9 yr old, just my 1yr old i have with him. WTF? Im hurt, worried & scared about what lies ahead for me & my 9 yr old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• He's a controlling, a-hole who seems to have issues with women and you and the girls, I'd leave his @ss too! I'd tell him you don't need him to tell you how to raise your kids and his advice means nothing as well.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2009