what do you think happens when you die?

I got grim news from my dad today that my aunt passed away. I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to the afterlife. i mean really, no one knows what happens till it happens, but there are still many theories out there. after hearing the news, I remembered lots of childhood memories of holida gatherings with family. very ideal, typical extended family from everywhere, gathering into one household, sharing food, drinks, laughter, conversation, kids running everywhere, and I came to thinking this is how I'd like to envision the afterlife. like a thanksgiving party reunion. all my family and friends hanging out enjoying each others company.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe your spirit goes to heaven or hell. but i believe heaven will be like what you envision.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I personally believe that we sleep in the grave until Jesus returns to the Earth and calls us forth, either to the Second Death or to go to Heaven with Him.
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I believe what the bible says, in various scriptures talking about accepting Jesus as Lord, to have eternal life in heaven. One is John 17:3
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Our body stays buried in the ground, but our spirits go up in heaven to God. On judgment day all dead will awake, so they can also be judged. Then God decides where you will spend your life, an eternal life with Jesus or be burned in hell.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 11:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Decomposition.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• im with Kristi, decomposition.(i dont believe in an afterlife)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• you await judgment and based on what you did here and what you believed or didn't, you will go to paradise or hell.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I believe you pass into an afterlife, watch your past lives play before you and are reborn, to live your new life, and make different choices and mistakes, bringing yourself one more step closer to the gods.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don`t believe in an afterlife, but really, the only answer is whatever gives you comfort.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You are right no one truly knows til we are there ourselves.

However, I believe in reincarnation. I believe we have lessons we set for ourselves to learn and we are reborn til those lessons are learned. Once learned we join the Universal Divine.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009