I'm using Avent and my daughter is STILL gassy... what other bottles are good?

Could it be the formula?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used playtex drop ins, and it could be the formula
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I use similac advance early shield
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Playtex Drop Ins and I would try a soy formula or Enfamil Gentlease.
    ClairesMommy209

Answer by ClairesMommy209 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I never understood why one bottle was said to work better than the other, but then again my kids are 16 and 10, so we had regular bottles or the playtex nursers, they were no different except design. Sometimes the formula they are on can make them gassy, Mylicon drops are great for gas for baby's
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I also switched my dd to playtex drop ins and it helped a great deal. Reason being is there is a significant amount of air that gets sucked out when you close the bottle, plus it's much more convenient for clean up!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Playtex drop ins. Make the formula ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge. This gives the air bubbles time to dissipate and that alone will cut back on a LOT of the gas. Formula is good for 24 hours in the fridge. Just make a big batch for the next day, pour the bottles at night and you're set for the next day. Just heat up water in the microwave, put the bottle in the water, change the diaper and the bottle is ready!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The only thing with Drop in are you are not supposed to use a plug in bottle warmer!
    ClairesMommy209

Answer by ClairesMommy209 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Dr. Brown bottles
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I HIGHLY RECOMEND DR brown bottles! My son is 11 weeks and up until three weeks ago had alot of gas problems. We Swtiched him to soy at 3 weeks, IT made a small difference. About three weeks ago we swtiched him to the Dr brown bottles, T hey made a huge difference in him!!! They are pricey but if you cant find the starter Kit which has three 8 oz and 2 4 oz bottles as well as 2 small bottle brushes it was about 25. its the cheapest route. good luck.
    aoaks2009

Answer by aoaks2009 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• theirs a baby gas drop called myloc of something like that its in a green box we use it and it works wonders!!!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2009