Another Instance Where Better Stress Training Was Needed?

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/10/marine_gould_trial_100109/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/10/marine_gould_trial_100109/

Could it have saved this wife from almost being killed?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• He can blame it on anything he wants. Many of our troops are in harms way and come back stressed and don't try to murder their pregnant spouse. This guy is a vile person and I hope he gets the harshest punishment he can. We need to stop making excuses for people and start holding them soley accountable for their own bad deeds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I agree with the PP. Are we supposed to say "oh the poor warmonger cannot control himself because his brains have been scrambled."? I think not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• This Marine was in a Training Battalion which means he taught JMs how to use the weapon system as part of their specialty training. In this case the T.O.W. system. He was under no more stress then the average fleet Marine.

My husband says if he remembers right this guy was in his class when he went to S.O.I. and weapons training, and he didn't think he was a very stable person then either.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• We need to stop making excuses for people and start holding them soley accountable for their own bad deeds.

Are you implying that those who are truly aflicted by PTSD and it's associated conditions are only making excuses for behavior they cannot control?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• some of these people who enter the military have problems already. And it just get worse.

I think "very few" end up angry enough to kill. This has to be studied to make sure our military get the help they need when they come home.
    If our government sent them into war them we have to be there for them when they get back!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• gammie are you saying that even though he was in a unit that kept him from being sent over that the government is somehow responsible for this simply because he has been over there?
    Anonymous

• Are you implying that those who are truly aflicted by PTSD and it's associated conditions are only making excuses for behavior they cannot control?

I did not read anything that said he had PTSD. Only he was tired when he was questioned and that is why he confessed. Other things I have read about this he is saying he did not do it. He is a bad guy.
    Anonymous

• Where does it say he was even sent over there or are we basing our assumptions on the fact that he's a grunt?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Why would someone stab him, but beat his wife in the head with a hammer? Makes no sense to me at all.
    Anonymous