8 day old baby not going to the bathroom enough...

My baby pees just fine but for the past three days he is only pooping once, it is A LOT. But, he seems to have tummy aches at least once or twice a day and sometimes at night. What should I do? Is this normal? He is eating similac (blue can)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies are not normal like adults are when it comes to pooping...they can go 4-6 days between bowel movements...Unless you feel his abdomen getting lumps in it, I wouldn't worry too much. As for the tummy aches it could be gas.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• As long as baby is pooping at least once a day that is fine. When baby doesn't poop the you should get delutted prune juice. (half ounce water and half ounce prune juice). My son had that problem. He is 9 months now and is regular. If baby has gas you can go to store and get gas drops(think it called Myloc or something with MY) for him and possible switch formula to Emfamil Gentlease. That is what my doctors had me do. Good luck
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my daughter is 5 weeks and she only goes 1 time a day our Dr. told us that as long as she goes at least 1 time every 3-4 days shes ok. and if he starts going days without going try 1ts. of karo mixed with 1 oz of water 3-4 times a day
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2009