How to get the first home buyer money from the uncle Sam.

Hi, we are the first home buyer and I know we are eligible for that $8000.

I was wondering how to file for it to get the money, though.

Can I do it just by myself, or do I need a professional help from Realtor, or any other experts?

And I see that some people already got the $8000 from the gov., how do they receive so fast??

I really hope to get the money within this year.

Can you please tell me how to get this process going??

I really appreciate your help. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• OMFG
    THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT GIVING YOU EIGHT GRAND.
    IT'S A TAX CREDIT, OMFG OMFG OMFG
    THE GOVERNMENT IS STUPID, BUT NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO HAND PEOPLE $8k!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Why be so rude Anon?

When you apply for a new home loan, it will automatically reduce your amount by the 8000.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• We amended our tax return for 08 and received our 8k about two weeks ago. You can amend your return after you close on the house and meet the qualifications or get it on your 09 tax return. If you owe money they will minus that out of the 8k or they will add the 8k to your normal return. It is actually 10 percent of the homes value up to 8k so if you buy a 60k house you would only get 6k. So any homes over 80k would get the full amount. To be qualified as a first time home buyer it has to be over 3 years since you owned your last home. Any co borrower could not have owned a home in that time as well. The property cannot be purchased from a family member either. Contact a tax preparer and they can assist you with amending your return.

Anonymous

• When you apply for a new home loan, it will automatically reduce your amount by the 8000.

This is not accurate. A person could have reduced the amount they withheld since this credit was passed so they would have the money before purchase. They needed to make sure they actually purchased and were qualified or they could owe a large amount next April. Contact the IRS or a tax preparer.

Anonymous

• Our tax preparer amended our tax return in May and we got the money in July.

The anon doesn't have a clue apparently.
    Anonymous

• I can't even believe how stupid women are. They have a computer, and can't find out the accurate information for themselves, believing what an idiot would tell them here.
    Reducing homes by any amount automatically, stupidest thing I've ever heard, and scared people are in this same world as me. SCARY.
    Anonymous

• http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com/2009/index.html
    NOBODY GOT AN AMENDED TAX CREDIT FOR 2008
    IT WASN'T EVEN AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER 01-01-09 FOR THE TAX YEAR 2009, WHICH YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FILE FOR ANOTHER 4 FU==ING MONTHS.
    Anonymous