5 year old with a headache

My 5 year old daughter started complaining last night that the side of her head hurt, where the eye starts and ends around the mouth, pretty much the side of her face, we gave her motrin and an ice pack to put on her face. She was really upset and crying that it hurt, and this morning she mentioned it again. Has anyone experienced this? She says she didn;t bump her head...there are no other syptoms. Is this something I should be concerned about?

ELC

Asked by ELC at 11:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sinus infection. She may not have any drainage or anything but it could be the starting of one. Or a swollan gland. I would have her checked.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• could she be cutting teeth or have a cavaty causing a tootache / jaw ache?
    aoaks2009

Answer by aoaks2009 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It could be any number of things from the fairly common and easy to treat to something more rare and complicated. Though most likely the fairly common and easy to treat.

But you're probably going to need to take her in to the Dr to figure out exactly what it is and how to help her.

Hope she feels better!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• it could be a sinus infection or maybe she needs glasses.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 4:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I have been going through this with my 8 yr old.  Her Ped said it looked like allergies.  She now has to have eyedrops once a day and zyrtec at night, but we havent had a headache since we started doing this.  So hopeful yours wont turn out to anything more  than some allergies.  Good Luck

cayenne11

Answer by cayenne11 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2009