I have a orange koolaid spill on my new rug and cannot get it out, any suggestions?

zena69

Asked by zena69 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If it hasn't dried yet, pour some straight tap water on it and just dap it up with a paper towel. If it's already dry, I've tried everything on the planet and nothing has worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Babywipes, sounds crazy but it does work sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• dye your carpet orange?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Try some dreft stain remover if it's dry and stained. I have been able to get some pretty nasty stains out using that. Let it soak for several minutes first then try to scrub it out. Hope it works!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 11:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I have found that Spot Shot gets almost anything out, blue and orange can, you can find it at Target and Walmart.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Fantastik Oxy Power spray works wonders on carpets. It's gotten out every stain I've used it on both on carpet and clothing. I figure if it can get out baby sweet potatoes, it would work on orange koolaid.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Try scrubbing it out with plain blue Dawn dish soap. Then, if it still hasn't come out, try putting some Shout on it, let it set a while, then redo the Dawn. I do this on clothes that have motor oil and other hard to get stains out, and it works like a charm. I don't see why you can't do it on carpet (other than you can't throw it in the washing machine, LOL)
    SWKansasmomma

Answer by SWKansasmomma at 7:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Go buy a Bissel Spot Bot. You will love it. I bought one when my DD spilled prune juice all over our cream colored carpet and nothing got it out. The Spot Bot did. I use it every time the kids spill something or one of the pets vomit. It's great. Plus, I like that it actually cleans and sucks up the dirty water rather than just using a chemical spot cleaner.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009