35 weeks, woke up to a contraction, constant cramping that won't go away

i woke up to the worst contraction i've ever felt (this is my first). i got up and went for a walk hoping the change would help. it did a little bit but now i've just got a constant cramping. doc said my baby dropped a week or two ago. please help, i don't know what to think

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor and ask for advice. It may be that you should be checked. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 11:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Calm down take a deep breath...okay drink some juice and lay on your left side try and time the contractions if they have a pattern call your Doc dont worry if you have your baby at 35 weeks I had mine at 34 and she was just fine 5 pounds 1 oz I hope everything works out for you

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• That happened to me and i went into labor. I would go in it wouldnt hurt to get checked out. if you start to feel sick then also go in. Try laying on your left side and drink watter. And calm down it will be ok. I had my son at 34 weeks and he is home and healthy. Take it easy and if it dosnt get better within 2 hours go in.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• if it's still going on now, i would go in. it just might be labor, and it would be best to keep baby in there for a few more weeks if possible. good luck! it's probably just early labor stuff that will go on and off for a few weeks but just in case...
    Anonymous