did you get your tubal right after delivery?

Okay, so I told my doc I wanted a tubal and she says they can do it the same day or next day (depends on what time I deliver). I go back and see her in 3 weeks but I just wanted to get some info on other peoples' experience before I go back. If I delivery vaginally then she can do it laproscopically (sp?) that same day or the next day. If you had this done, how does it affect your breastfeeding? Do they make you wait a few hours after the drugs wear off before you can breastfeed again? Would it be better if I waited after my six week checkup to get it done? How was the recovery?

MHaney1980

Asked by MHaney1980 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine during a Csection, so about all I can help you with is the breastfeeding --- didn't change it at all.

I know this wasn't part of your question, but I would like to suggest you research Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome before going through with the procedure.

G'luck
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2009