Where could I get free formula?

Other then Wick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nowhere :( Why isn't WIC an option?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• samples from the doc? sign up online at enfamil, similac, etc. they send me free cans
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 12:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Why don't you call your local food shelf and see if they can help you out. I know if you get on whatever kind of formula you use web site they will be able to sent you coupons, not for free stuff, but you can save a bit on it. Or maybe try and call your childs doctors office and see if they have sample cans that they can give you. I have to say it is the first of the month don't you get PA or FS. You may want to look in to that, If you can't afford to feed your child then maybe you should get help. Your child SHOULD not be going without you should go without before your child does. I am not bashing you but hey It's the first of the month and you want free stuff then I see a problem with what your up to. I understand that formula is excepsive but if you have food to eat then you should be fining something for your child FIRST..
    Anonymous

• I've gotten a container of Enfamil. I'm pretty sure it's from having given my info to Motherhood Maternity. I'm actually kind of annoyed to have gotten it because I exclusively breastfeed and I don't want to just throw it away. So now I have to find somewhere to donate it because I don't know anyone else with a baby. I also get coupons for Enfamil and Huggies in the mail because of the maternity store. I started getting those shortly before my due date.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Call your local food bank. You can also try your church. I got several free cans from a local food bank when my daughter was a newborn.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Wow anon 35 judgmental much? I hate to break it to you, but its not always the first of the month you get FS. It comes on the day of the month you were first approved, so if that first approval went through on the 22 of the month, you always get your money on the 22. (mine came in on the 4th and then on the 9th when they messed up my paperwork).
    The local food bank should have some, also sometimes wic has extra or sample cans hanging around. Also call the hospital, they may have samples as well. We have a community center that also has stuff like that that get donated and they keep a running list of people who need it in case someone has an open can that their child couldn't use. One thing I did learn about all of these sources though is that you get what you get, if your child needs a specific formula, its probably not going to happen.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I'm currently using WIC. The only draw back is they decide your eligebility for the program based on your income. I'm not sure about a food bank... Maybe check with a local church?
    alysiah83

Answer by alysiah83 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009