Is it wrong for me to not want my fiance to go out for his 21st birthday?

Let me give you a little background first. When we first started dating, about 6 months into it, he got wasted and tried to have sex with someone. Now if he is at a club downtown with all these sloppy drunk horny girls and he is a sloppy drunk horny dude what will keep him from screwing them? We discussed it and he said ok then I will go stock up on some stuff and just have a few people over. That's cool with me, but now he said "It's tradition". Yea well no one else had a "wife" and kid at home when they turned 21. I think maybe I'm being unreasonable, but it just really bothers me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why don't you get a sitter and just go out with him? That way when he is all drunk and horny, you are there to be the object of his drunk horniness.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• well i would go with him. know what my dd did for his 212 bday. he was stuck in iraq!! and what did i do,. we went out to dinner. being stupid is not a tradition. tell him if he wants to go clubbing he goes with you. and if he says not. girl is time to drop the kid and findyourself a real man!!1
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It`s his 21st birthday and you are his wife.  It doesn`t matter where he celebrates it but he should be celebrating it with you! 

Either get a babysitter and go out with him or else have some friends over.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I won't be 21 when he is. That is why we came up with the idea of having a "party" at home, so I could kind of supervise his horny-ness.

OP
    Anonymous

• I think you are being unreasonable. its his 21st birthday! Everyone goes out on their 21st....I let my bf (who DID cheat on me, not just try) go out on his 21st. He still came home by 1am and finished having drinks at home with me.

Maybe you can compromise? Maybe he can go out early'ish, like 9'ish and be back home by 12 or 1 and have some more drinks with you. At 12 he won't be able to get anymore free drinks anyways cause it wont be his birthday anymore.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My DH turned 21, went out with his cousins and friends.... (lol) then got lost because he was so drunk he ended up home thinking the party was there! I was only 20 but he went down, bought us some beers and we drank and talked the rest of the night. I knew his cousins wouldn't let him sleep with any other girls... but it still made me sad I couldn't be with him! If you are 21, go with, if not.... idk! It was "tradition" with my man too, but we didn't have a baby and I wasn't even pregnant!
    Anonymous

• Oh I should add too that I was not 21 at the time, only 20, and we weren't pregnant/with child at that time either.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Everyone DOESN"T go out on their 21st birthday. My husband didn't. And I wanted him to. He said there is no point. Its just another day that makes me legally of age. I don't want to go get drunk in bars. I would rather be home with you. SO no.. not EVERYONE goes out and gets drunk on their 21. Your fiance should stay home with you. Especially if you already have a child.
    To this day, he's been in a bar like twice. Each time he hasn't had more than one beer and he was getting lunch with his buddies.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• He should be celebrating with you. End of story.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• He sounds like an idiot

Answer by rkoloms at 1:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009