Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you part of the NYPD, or know where I can find some information?

Ok so like 6 months ago I was told my ex fiance committed suicide around this time last year. Ok so I have been spending 6 months now trying to figure out how to explain to my daughter that her dad was not happy in life and decided to take it. She is 2 now but I am sure one day I will get the questions. Well now I get a text from one of his friends (the one that told me) that said he is in NYC visiting an old HS friend and found out that she has seen my ex around town. They spent a few days looking all over for him where she used to see him all the time and when they couldnt find him they put in a missing persons report. How can I find out if all this is true. I never found proof that he died but I never found anything against it either. I just believed it to be true because I know it wouldnt have been the first time he tried.

Answer Question

Asked by mommyin07n08 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Isn't a death certificate a matter of public record? i would call the county courthouse and have them send you a copy, I guess. I think there is a database that records death's as well (social security or some such). That might also be an option. Are you getting child support? You might want to contact a lawyer to see how to find it out.

    Answer by auroura at 1:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • I am not looking for the death certificate. I am looking for the missing persons report to see if he really filed one. I have looked and can not find a death certificate. I dont trust this man saying he filed the report as far as i can throw him. He already told me he will do what he needs to keep his friend from paying child support including helping him take custody from me.

    Answer by mommyin07n08 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • I would call your local PD and talk to them. See, if nothing else, if they can get you a number to call. Someone should be able to give you some kind of information.

    Answer by Katysmom at 1:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • you could have looked up ur local paper or where it happend.

    Answer by angelairelan at 9:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.