Where could I get free Advance Similac formula?

I am not on wick, and wont be, but is there anywhere else I may be able to?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you aren't on WIC then you have enough income to buy it yourself. Breastmilk is free!

Let me guess, you have a story about how you "couldn't" breastfeed. Contact a lactation consultant or LLL Leader and try to relactate. Whatever problem you had before may not be a problem now. If you didn't get help before you don't know if you tried everything.
    Anonymous

• Wow, people are rude. Try getting on craigslist and see if you can find some for at least cheap. I sold 3 12 oz cans for $10 just to get rid of them!
    Anonymous

• I get Parent choice if I run out of wic cans. You can get a big can for 13 bucks. Its the same thing just off brand. I agree some people are Really rude. I didn't breast feed so does that make me a bad person? Ignore the first answer. Her homones must be out of wack from breastfeeding.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yes some people are rude, but they are also speaking the truth. Breast milk is free and no bottles to warm. Anyway I don't care what you feed your baby as long as you feed it. Your pediatrician can give some samples. Also the best thing to do is go to the source. Similac has a new mommy club and they are more than willing to send some samples and some discount coupons. My baby is three and I still get the coupons LOL. Like the other poster said you can try craigslist. I'd be wary of expiration dates on some of the cans though. Some people want to get rid of it because it's nearing the expiration or already expired. Note I said SOME not all not most. Don't want to offend anyone who sells on the sites. Sometimes the hospital gives you free diaper bags with samples in them too so check that out. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Go onto the actual website, we did and for the first three months after my dd was born we got cans in the mail for signing up on the site. plus we get coupons all the time.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Babies R Us. Their formula is the same as name brand just cheaper and they have a program that if you buy 9 cans you get the 10th free.
    ClairesMommy209

Answer by ClairesMommy209 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yes I Breastfeed all the time, but when that's not enough, and she's screaming her head off for more, I give her Formula. I am not an idiot mother! Who is going to starve My baby with What's little in My Breasts! Damn some people are bitches and are rude! That upsets me, because all this time, I ask questions trying to get good advice, and all some people do are put me down, By the way My other posts are sometimes just venting also! But Thank you for all the nice supporting people! :) I will try all of those and see what I can come up with. I am borderline for wick, I just feel that all that time and hassel is too much to do! I would rather get My formula else where that would still be able to help me out. But thank you ladies.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 5:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Chill out on the breastfeeding!!!!!!!!!! God that pisses me off so bad!!!!! Feed your baby as you wish its YOUR baby!!!!
    Anonymous

• I get so upset at the militant breastfeeding mothers. I knew, for sure, when my daughter was born that we would breastfeed come hell or high water! Well, they both came and I was not able to breast feed her from my breasts. After consulting 3 LC's, on of them a world renounded consultant who has helped even the most challenged mothers breast feed, I still could not do it. Some people genuinely can't or don't want to and it's not up to the titty Nazi's to judge people for what they do or don't do, so come off it already. You ladies do a real disservice to those of us that actually want to help people by posting your rude responses. (And as a side note, to appease said Booby Nazi's, my daughter is still breastfed, she just doesn't take it from the tap. I have been pumping my ass off, round the clock, for 6 months to feed her, so next time you see a mommy putting a....

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• ...in a babies mouth, think twice before juding her because you have no clue what that bottle contains. ) WHEW! Anyway! OP - you can go to the Similac website and sign up for their program. If you check that you are breastfeeding and supplementing, they will send you more checks and samples because they want to try and woo you to their brand. As another poster has said, you can also search craigslist and ebay to find good deals. If you google *freecycle*, you can see if there is a freecycle group in your area and post there as well. Good luck mama!

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009