What would you feel when you are racially discriminated?

I just have a feeling for those people who experience racial discrimination. Some people have that superior mentality.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That has not happened to me many times yet. But I'm sure that will change. It used to make me feel like crap. Maybe it's old age creeping up on me but nowdays I have a screw you attitude toward people who think they are racially or financially superior.
    Anonymous

• like water to a duck's back. people are gonna think how they want to think, my feelings aren't gonna effect them in the least. I don't pay people any attention when ignorance starts falling and tripping out of their mouths.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I'm white so I can't testify to the racism, but I hate sexism. I hate when males, I won't even call them men, start treating me like I'm stupid because I'm a female. I'm the combative type when this happens. One time I had taken the car into get fixed. My father was a mechanic and had taught me some about cars. The machanic starts spouting some junk about what was wrong with the car. His eyes got as big as saucers when I told him that what he was saying was a load of crap and why. I took my keys and left. Doctors are real bad too. My twins have developmental problems and we were trying to get a diagnosis. One problem they had was their constant ear infections. We took them to an ENT. and he insisted on calling me mom. I flat out told him, I am not your mother, if I were I would have taught you better manors. You will refer to me as Mrs........ I don't put up with it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• This is a hard question for me to answer, because as Ive never been discriminated against directly to my face, I feel that when I am applying to jobs, since I am white, that often times, I get looked over because companies have to keep things "equal." I espcially felt this way in high school when trying to get a job at like Mcdonalds, or bk, or what have you...I tried as hard as I could, knew I was a good and responcible person, but yet could never get hired! So in a way yes it hurts to think that I have been (you'd understand if you knew where I grew up) but all I can do is move forward and try to do better for myself...which I have, I actually got a job at a law firm with NO previous job experiance! So I guess it doesn't really matter.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It's frustrating but all you can do is remember that the person is an idiot and feel sorry for them. It happens to us all of the time.
    Anonymous

• I am white and I have been discriminated one time, racially and sexist, that I can remember although I did not take offense....I was at work. Three of us were talking. I am the female they are both male. I am white, they are not. One coworker said to me, "How does it feel to be the higher race in this group." I said "Uh wrong-O...I am a woman." So anyway.....that is a true story and it is just sensless to me to this day...weird. I am not sure if he was racist but if I saw him today on the street I would hug his neck.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I grew up a white chick in a primarily not white area, so I can attest to it. It sucks, but I learned early that it is due to the other person's problem and not anything that actually deals with me personally. I even had other white people telling me I should feel bad for being white because white people years ago were assholes. That person is an idiot.
    So to answer, when I have been racially discriminated against, I feel sorry for the idiot who opened her mouth.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009