I hvae a question for people who believe in Jesus?

In another post on cafemom i was going back and forth with someone about what will happen when we die (she was also a christian as I am 2) but she believed that christians will be judge harder then anyone just because we r suppose to know better and arent suppose to sin and be like Christ and she said the Bible said christians go to hell..And i said thats not true as long as we accepted Christ then we dont need to be judge He was judge for us already and we will join Him in heaven because we repented and accepted Jesus as our savior thats the whole reason for Jesus he died for everyone's (even people who dont believe in Him) sins God knows we cant live a perfect life like Christ thats why Jesus was sent here...i just wanted to know what are anybody else's opinions about this subject?

Kri5taa

Asked by Kri5taa at 1:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you are closer to what the bible says. However we are expected to live a good life. We aren't supposed to just do all kinds of things we know are bad, are sins because we believe it doesn't matter.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• yeah excatly we r suppose to be like Christ and try stop ourselves from doing bad things
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The Bible says:

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Peter 4:17-18)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Show me any passage in the Bible that says we can loose our salvation. That is the only way we could wind up in hell. She is in essence saying Jesus death wasn't enough we have to do something to earn heaven. I call that "do-do" theology cause it stinks just like do-do (or whatever you call bm).
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• We can't keep on using "nobody is perfect" as an excuse. We have to strive to truly love Jesus, realize the seriousness of sinning,and that obedience IS a requirement.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If you are a Christian you walk daily with th Lord. This does not mean that we are now perfect and do not sin, but rather that we are not bond to sin, forgiven from past present and future sin. When we are walking with the Holy Spirit the Spirit convicts us of any sin was have and our response is to repent because we love Christ and do not want to grieve the Spirit. Now as far as judgement I doubt she has any scripture to back up what she says about being judged. I have to look, but I do know that there is a verse that talks about rewards in Heaven, and that every Christian will get depending on their response here on Earth to what God has called us to do, but I do not remember anything about Christains having a harsher judgment. Everyone will get the opportunity to respond to God, even if it is not here on Earth, so no one will be without excuse. I'll have to find the verse for that too.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Show me any passage in the Bible that says we can loose our salvation.
    ------------------------
    Ezekiel 33:13When I say to the righteous that he shall surely live, but he trusts in his own righteousness and commits iniquity, none of his righteous works shall be remembered; but because of the iniquity that he has committed, he shall die.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The word used for scarcely in 1 Peter 4:18 is the Greek molis, meaning 1) with difficulty, hardly and 2) not easily, i.e. scarcely, very rarely. (Strong's Exhaustive)

Yes, the gift of eternal life is free, but the promise is conditional upon our obedience. We can not sin willfully and still receive the gift.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Romans 1:16, Romans 1:20, John 15:22, are just a few on judgment etc
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• For the Ezekiel 13:33 says nothing about the saved person loosing salvation but just that no one is righteous, and if we trust in our own righteousness that does not lead to salvation. The only way to salvation is through Christ, not through our own righteousness, because no one is righteous but Christ. A person who trusts in himself was NEVER saved, but the person who puts their complete trust in Christ will not slip away from Him, Christ will not loose any of His, just like the parable of the shephard and the sheep. The shephard leave all the rest to find his lost sheep. Or like the parable of the prodigal (sp?) son.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009