potty training my 2 1/2 year old......

I have tried everything, I have let him play with things while on the potty, switched him from diapers to pullups, then from pullups to underwear (I heard It helps them potty train better cause most kids hate being wet) But not him, he could care less. I have even made him sit on the potty for hours, that way when he did go I could praise him with treats and he might want to go more but he holds it in. The longest he has held it in is 6 hours. He refuses to go on the potty and cries when we make him sit there. It is so hard to buy diapers for two kids in two different sizes. ANY suggestions would be helpful. I don't know what I am doing wrong, He is my first and I have no clue how to potty train alittle boy..lol.

mysoldier5

Asked by mysoldier5 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sister had 2 boysand onegirl and what thing she toldme boys are stubborn about the potty. well they are boys and we all know boys are stubbor lol. my nephews ddint getthe whole potty thing till they were 3
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Don't I kno w that..lol. He will be 3 in march. And I have been trying to potty train him since he turned 18 months..lol. sad right?lol
    mysoldier5

Answer by mysoldier5 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Kudos, and keep trying. He will get it when he's ready. They all do eventually.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• He is not ready. Try again in two months.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Did you try rewards . like maybe a sticker every time he goes in the potty I head that works. for people. I don't know I didn't do that one.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I tried skittles and m&m's
    mysoldier5

Answer by mysoldier5 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2009