Am I wrong?

I was answering a question for hesmynavyman and I read the first answer that someone wrote. I got really upset. I didn't breastfeed any of my kids because I didn't produce any milk. I tried. I talk to a consultant too. I just stayed empty. The anonymous said pretty much there is no excuse why woman can't breastfeed and I would like to know what she has to say. What do you think are mothers that bottle feed wrong? I don't think so other wise my kids would have starved.

griffinbb4

Asked by griffinbb4 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not going to breast feed, i dont think you were wrong at all!!! its a CHOICE! there is not law that says we HAVE to breast feed! and like you were saying you couldnt produce milk, thats not your fault so dont feel bad for it!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Everyone has a choice on how they feed their children as long as the children get fed thats all that matters. I formula fed my son and I personally can't stand the BF nazi's, they actually turn more people off to BF then they turn people on to it
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 1:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Well I read the comment and she said if you haven't consulted a lactation consultant you can't say you tried everything. Alot of issues can be overcome if you are willing to put forth an effort. It's true some people can't. I have no beef with anyone who can't. The OP for that post never said anything about trying to and couldn't just that it's not her choice. I suspect the anon. comment just feels that breast feeding is the very best and you should at least try. it is supposed to the natural which is why problems doing so should be rare. You know some people are just more pro-active than others. My opinion is you should at least try and if ti doesn't work for you then no harm done. The important thing is that baby gets food. I don't care where it comes from. You should just let the fanatics slide. They're going to put in their two cents if you them to or not. I think you're just allowing it to get to you too much.....
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I breastfeed and frankly I can't stand the breastfeeding Nazi's.

Breast is best, but some people just CAN'T.

Anonymous

• You're not wrong, but neither is she. Her wording was just a bit off. Try not to get so worked up over it. You probably don't even know her nor are you ever going to meet her. She's got her opinion you got yours and you're both entitled to them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Personally i was more offendd by your "hormones out of whack" comment. But i'm over it. To each his own as it should be. You know you almost never see the whole drama thing out in real life. OK I'm done.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I hate how people just sit there and say "you should have tried harder... you failed" because whether they mean it like that or not, that is what it looks like they are telling the mother. Honestly, seeing stuff like that makes me very proud I didn't try to bf!!! HA! I failed from the begining because I exclusively formula fed!!! LMAO maybe that is how these q's should be "when did you fail at bfing?"
    Just feed you're kid! People are going to tell you how wrong you're parenting is throughout life but hey I'M THE MOTHER!!!! I KNOW BEST!!!
    Anonymous

• to 2autisticsmom I wouldn't of said anything if you didn't type it so rude. YOu didn't know her whole story and you sounded like you were ripping on her for not breastfeeding. Did you think that maybe she did try and you might of made her feel like crap with your response. She wasn't asking about breastfeeding she was asking about formula.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I am definitely a lactivist. For me breastfeeding was the natural choice. Even though I try to tactfully educate people about breastfeeding, it is their decision to make. No one has the right to put another parent or caregiver down over this decision. My personal belief is that it is important & I would love to see the national statistics of breastfeeders raise to 97%, but the fact is it never will. I wish that more people would concern themselves with gentle education rather than bashing another mom. The most important thing is that the child is being loved and taken care of, regardless of if you feed them breastmilk, formula or liquefied skittles. I really do feel bad for women who can not breastfeed, which is about 3% of the female population. I guess the anonymous replier is not very concerned with bridging the gap and supporting good parenting in general.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I hate how they say you should of done this, you should of tried that. Well its what you want to do so do it. Nothing makes you a bad mom for formulas feeding. I formulas fed and I had help to trying to get my baby to breastfeed but frankly it was to hard for me at the time cause my baby was in the nicu then when I got home she just wouldn't do it and it stressed me out more than letting me enjoy her so I started to formulas feed and was able to enjoy her more. Its a choice to do so. Its great that people can breatfeed and its great that people formula feed, like I said its what you want to do, either way the baby is fed and healthy so how does it matter..
    Anonymous