do u think if a woman doesnt go to college she is stupid?

k i responed to this post andi said i fell in love at 16 and marry at 18. and some idiot responded that is sad i didnt see the value of an edcucation. just becaused someone goes to college it doesnt mean they will find a job or get pay good money. my sister didnt go to college and makes $23 and hour and my other sister did and makes $11 and hour. i was illegal when i got marry so i couldt go to college, second i wanted to have kids. am legal now and if i wnat to i can go to college but am waiting till my ds turn one. so why si soem idiot on the internet judging me for not going to college. some woman are happy being sahm. college isnt for everyone. i will go to college but when i want to and have the money

piwife

Asked by piwife at 1:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The only thing I have to say is if you are planning on going to a college that is mostly English in the language...you may need some prep courses but I agree with your thought...I didn't attend college and make nice money...I am also supervisor of 90 people.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i do speank english i been in this country 12 yrs. my sister is also a supervisor
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Well, I can tell you that I am in my 4th semester in college and already, I think I have made a mistake. Now, not only will I not have that job that I wanted, but now I also have debt. I have a very needy toddler and a husband who works all day until almost 11pm, so I never have help with her and she does not let me get anything done. I think this will be my last semester. It's stressing me out beyond belief. Just make sure when you go, that you have support to help you, because it's not easy to study and get all the work done with really little ones. Go if and when you are ready. There's nothing wrong with you not going to college.
    Anonymous

I wasn't meaning your speaking but your grammar and spelling...Also, I wasn't trying to be mean...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It doesn't make you stupid. It does lower your potential job pool, but there are plenty of idiots who can memorize facts for a whole 2 days to pass tests, and plenty of brilliant people who've had to put food on the table more than they've had the luxury of taking time out for school.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I think that it depends on the person. Sometimes it's waste for some to go to college straight out of high school, while it's beneficial for others. Some women take longer to figure out what they want to do, career wise.

Attending and finishing college doesn't determine someones intelligence or success in life.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I wasn't meaning your speaking but your grammar and spelling...Also, I wasn't trying to be mean...
    oh i know dont worry
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I am from a rural area. Most people in my generation at least went to community college. But my parents sure as heck didn't go to college, and neither did a lot of their friends. I don't think there's anything wrong with mot going to school. Community College is good, just to get a little of that higher ed. experience. And of course, college is often very beneficial.
    But I know a lot of tradespeople without a college education, and they are by no means stupid. I don't know how to put my feelings about this, because they're pretty strong- but college is overused, in my opinion. My folks have good jobs, and they paid off their first house in 20 years because they didn't have student loans plaguing them. And that's with my mom staying at home with us kids for a good portion of that.
    Lots of good, smart, hardworking people don't go to college.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• While there are some cases in which a person who did not go to college makes good money, those instances are becoming more and more rare. The fact is that a college graduate will make 75% more than a non-college graduate over their lifetime. I went to college and grad. school and it was very beneficial to me. College is not just about 'learning facts' but about learning how to think critically, meeting people who open up your world-view, etc. If it were only about the classroom you wouldn't have people saying college was the 'best years of their lives.' I met great friends in college and became a more well-rounded person. Now that I am married and have a child I am very thankful for that time I had to learn, go abroad, and explore my own interests.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• No te preocupes. Puedes ir a la universidad cuando estes lista. Tu gramatica si necesita trabajo, pero esta bien. No escuches a las mujeres aqui, ellas puedes ser muy antipaticas.
    Anonymous