Hpotethical but I am curious....

I am not Christian, but I was orginally raised in the church and had a good friend who moved from a whole other part of the world (was adopted).
Until she moved here, she was NEVER exposed to Christianity.
So my question is...if someone is never exposed to Christianity... they can never accept Christ, so are all those people condemned?

*play nice please*

Princessofscots

Asked by Princessofscots at 1:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Good question...according to Christians, ignorance of God is no exception and they will be condemned...I however believe that God is merciful and even if that person does not know His name, they ultimately know right from wrong and if they live in the knowlegde that they should be "good" then God will accept them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I like your question! I don't know the answer but for sure food for thought.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 1:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• See Jademom, I always thought that way too. But I have gotten into debates about that on here before. According to some, you cannot be "good" truly, unless you are living a Christian life.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• According to what I believe from the bible.... The sin is in rejecting Jesus. If someone never heard of Jesus, and therefore never rejected Jesus, then they will be judged on what kind of person they were.
    Anonymous

• God knows all. God would know if someone would of rejected Jesus, had they heard of him.
    Anonymous

• Good question...according to Christians, ignorance of God is no exception and they will be condemned..
    -------------------
    Not this Christian! Jesus said that He has sheep that are "not of this fold." Some of them, I'm sure haven't had the chance to hear the Gospel. I believe that there will be people in Heaven who have never heard of Jesus. My God is a righteous Judge.(Romans 2:14-16)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 2:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• According to the fundi's that's correct, but if you dig deeoer you will see that, that is not the case. there are many even in this country through not fault of their own have not heard the true message of Christ. they will not be condemned. They will as we all will depend on God's mercy. the God I know is a merciful God,
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• So I have a question based on this - "I however believe that God is merciful and even if that person does not know His name, they ultimately know right from wrong and if they live in the knowlegde that they should be "good" then God will accept them. "

So how do you feel about missionaries? Do you find it unnecessary? This is to the christians who agree with the above statement, of course.
    Anonymous

• "according to Christians, ignorance of God is no exception and they will be condemned.."

not all Christians. ive gone to some pretty strict churches, with some pretty out there interpretations & this was never taught. you can not believe in something you've never learned & God wouldn't condemn someone just cause they lived in place that didnt know about Jesus. so long as the ppl who have never heard of Jesus/God were good ppl while on Earth, i believe God will allow them into heaven.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• "So how do you feel about missionaries? Do you find it unnecessary?"

No because the Word also states to go forth and spread the Word of God.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009