illegas and healthcare

k i know most of you are oppesed to illegal receving helath care but lasnite, i was wondering are you also oppesed kids who are illegal receiving helathcare like under the age of 5 or those who have illegal parents? will you be opposed if obama includes illegal kids under they age of 5 inthe healthcare reform or what about pregnancy?

piwife

Asked by piwife at 1:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. Children should not be held liable for their parents mistakes. The amount currently spent on healthcare is practically nothing compared to what is being spent on other government allocations.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I lost Medicaid in Indiana. Indiana is one of the worst states in the country for Medicaid rules. They can take anyone off every 4 years, make you apply again, they deny you, you have to go through hearings, they keep the process going hoping you die. They do it to people who have the highest bills.

I have to have an IV medication every 3 weeks or I die. I was getting it for $3000 doing the IV myself at home to save Medicaid money. At the hospital it costs $20,000+ every 3 weeks. I'm on 11 other meds and have to be hospitalized 2-3 times a year.

So I didn't have Medicaid and had to be hospitalized. I had like $50,000 medical bills in 2 months. I couldn't stay in Indiana. My life expectancy without the IV meds was like 3 months. So I researched which states have the best Medicaid rules. I'm on SSI and most states automatically give people on SSI Medicaid.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't believe any human being should be denied healthcare, regardless of their status. If the worst prisoners are treated why aren't decent working people.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Arizona is a good Medicaid state and I had an old friend that lives in Tucson. I call her and explain the situation. She says I can come and stay with her. I had to leave everything behind including my 3 sons. My youngest was 19 and still living with me. I came to AZ with 2 suitcases, a Medicaid refuge.

I got to AZ on a Friday and had Medicaid by Monday and saw a doctor in a week. It was a good thing because that month I had a major hospitalization.

I was lucky I was moving from IN to AZ. Why should people coming from Mexico be allowed to have health care. They are people! There are no "illegal" people. They crossed a line in the desert.

My 3 sons have all moved to Tucson and I now live with my youngest. I miss all the things I had to leave behind. It was like we were victims of Katrina but no one cares we lost everything. My youngest also flew with only two suitcases.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Gailll, It's sad what they made you do, but what does that have to do with illegals? Are you illegal? As long as you are a citizen of the United States, you are entitled to the health care our country can give you. The children of illegal aliens are citizens of the United States if they were born here, regardless of their parent's nationality. Children are not to blame for what their parents do or where they choose to live, so they should get medical care regardless. Adult illegal aliens should be sent back to wherever they came from for their medical care, unless they were in an automobile accident or something requiring instant care. (I don't mean put somebody on a plane dripping blood) But they can receive follow-up care and recovery in their home country. If they are illegal they should be deported anyway.
    Anonymous

• gaill i was asking a question i dont care about your life story!! you are all pro about bf but i see hat you could careless about babies of illegals. .go back and read the question i never ask you to tell me your medical history
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I think Gailll's situation gives the perfect answer. NO, absolutely not! Why on earth would we even consider covering ANYONE that is here illegally when there are people like Gailll fighting and begging our current govt run system for her very life. This is also a perfect example of why UHC or even a public option would be a disaster. What has happened to Gailll is RATIONING. There is no other way to spin it.

Gailll my best wishes and thoughts are with you. YOUR situation is what medicaid was designed for. To have it rationed and have your LIFE threatened at the whim of a PANEL is unacceptable.

No coverage for anyone that is here illegally. You aren't being forced to come here and our tax dollars must be spent on Americans.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• spcial kid. SO YOU WOULD DEINED A HELPLESS CHILD HEALTHCARE. SO YOU WOULD WATCH A CHILD DIE JUST CUZ THEYA RE ILLEGAL. WOW YOU ARE COLDHEARTED!! KIDS OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS DIDNT ASK TO COME HERE, AM SORRY BUT AN SURE A 5 MTH OLD BABY WHO IS ILLEGAL DIDNT HAVE AN OPTION.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Patch em once and send them home for follow ups.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• OP, you entirely missed the point. There isn't enough money to pay for everyone! If you think there is then you are either an idiot or misinformed. Yes, it is harsh, but it is the truth.

What would you decide....you have to choose one....we know there will be rationing because there already is....so pick one of the following.

2 newborn babies, both premature with equal chances of survival....there is 1 slot in the NICU...one of these babies is yours, the child of a taxpaying American citizen, the other is an illegal child of an illegal.

Which baby gets the spot in the NICU?

My decision, your baby. In a perfect world things would be much different, but it will never be a perfect world. We have to handle what is on our plate. Please understand, I am saying this in a kind voice that is tinged with a bit of sadness. It is sad, but it is what it is.

I do commend you for the soft sweet heart you have. :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009