Sex after Birth

I had my baby 4 weeks ago, and had 2 sets of stitches, I do not see the stitches on my labia anymore so I am assuming they are gone now, my bleeding is now spotting and I feel great. If this is too much i'm sorry but hey hormones are driving me crazy, my fiance and i havent had sex in over a month (we didnt the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy because i felt unattractive), and lets just say we both really want to, but i am so scared that it will tear something or it will hurt i just want to know how long everyone waited. I went for a 2 week check and my ob said i was healing just great.

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 2:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did the OB say you could have sex? Usually with stiches you have to wait 4-6 weeks.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• You really should've asked your OB. I would be really careful with stiches - if you re-opened the tear or infected the cut it would not be pleasant.... good luck! I would call your OB and ask...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had to wait 6 weeks for my stitches, just because they are gone doesn't mean you are totally healed either. I have had stiches taken out for other things, and still pulled it back open.

I would ask you dr.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My provider always said that we had to wait until bleeding had stopped ENTIRELY for at least 24 hours. If you don't wait until your cervix is closed, you are putting yourself at risk for a uterine infection. You don't want one of those.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• we waited 7-8 days.... I had a C however so no tearing or stiches for me. We couldn't wait a whole month!!!
    Anonymous

• i waited 3 weeks then we had sex
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• we waited 5 weeks. I had no tearing or anything during my delivery and I had finished bleeding. The only problem was and still is my body doesnt get aroused even thoufh my mind is all for it. LOTS of lube is a good friend when you decide to give it a go!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 2:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i just had a c- section on the 24 of Aug. and i understand completely! Our Dr. told us that we had to wait 4-6 weeks but we're having to wait longer bc im getting an IUC and i can't until 6 weeks so i completely understand ur problem! I would ask ur Dr. IDK how long u have to wait with a natural birth so id give my Dr. a call if i was you. Good Luck!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• With all 4 of mine I waitedonly about 2 weeks. I only tore a little with my first ad had 2 or 3 stiches
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had 5 stitches and we started to have sex after 2 weeks, however I freaked out and stopped, we waited until I was 7 weeks, even then it was still really tender, it's up to you but if you do have sex before the 6 week mark I would advise you to use a lot of lube, gl and dont push it !! lol and be safe, you don't want to get prego again!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009