I'm starting to mentally prepare for attempting to move my 4 month old dd into her own room....

When your LO around this age makes little fussing sweaks do you go in and check on her? Or do you leave her alone unless she starts full out crying? I'm not sure what I'll do but wanted to see what other moms do!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm about to move my 2 month old (who is finally sleeping through the night :D) into his own room and I think I will let him be unless he is really upset. He is really good about putting himself to sleep and soothing himself though. Good Luck!
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 2:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• we're getting ready to start the transition too, our son is 3 months old, and i'm going back to work. right now he is sleeping through the night, and i usually don't get him unless he is upset because the majority of the time he goes back to sleep. hope the change is easy for you, know it'll be hard not having him in sight at all times :)
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't go in and get her until she has made several noises or is crying. She wakes up at the same time every night, right before I go to bed around 10:30pm. Her room is right across from ours and sometimes in the night she cries out, but only once. It's weird. It's almost like she is yelling in her sleep. We have a video monitor so I can watch her to see if she really is awake. They learn to put themselves back to sleep.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009