ways to tell your dad your pregnant

i am 20 20 years old and 20 weeks pregnant. i am very nervous about telling my dad im expecting. my parents are divorced and i told my mom right away (thought she would be the easiest to talk to) but now i have no idea how to even tell my father. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just call him up and say "Hey, I have some good news." "I'm pregnant."
    Anonymous

• Why are you so nervous? Is he very strict? Are you not married and think he will be upset about that? Are you is baby? I think you should just tell him straight out. Not over the phone. If hes going to ask alot of questions. Think of everything he will ask you and be prepared to answer. I'm sure he loves you so don't be nervous. Good luck to you.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• ITs really not good news at 20.... actually i was 18 when i found out i was pregnant.... i just told my parents and the excepted it. the really had no choice. the deed was done.....
    You're and adult now... just call him up and tell him dont sugar coat it. good luck.!!
    ladiesfirst

Answer by ladiesfirst at 2:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• hes not really strict hes just more strict than my mother. no im not married but the father is going to be in its life and we are planning on getting married
    Anonymous

• i just called my dad and told him "uuuuh you're going to be an opa". he giggled like a little school girl! my mom was a whole other story. she treated the news like a teenage pregnancy crisis (at first) lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Well, I was married and my dad had been asking for grandkids for a while (he started asking for grandkids as soon as I was out of highschool lol)... I sent him the ultrasound picture while I was on YAHOO messenger with him. He was so excited he changed his status to "going to be a grandpa"

My stepdad and mom... I just took the pic over to their house. My mom was like "whos is this?" like I would carry around someone elses u/s pic, lol
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 2:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i was 26 and had been with my SO/fiancee for almost 5 years, living together for almost 4.
    I was SOOOO nervous. my dad is very traditional, but i knew he would love a grandchild.
    but to make it easier for me... i called his house and told my younger sister living there to get on one line and my dad and step mom to get on another. and they had a feeling we had important news but thought we were going to tell them we were finally getting married! lol. i said We're Pregnant! i got silence from him at first.... but then he was happy. he loves my SO, so i think that was helpful. we live 2 hours away so the phone call was the easiest way. we coulndt wait. but it was the day before thanksgiving and we were going down there the next day for the holiday wknd. i didnt want to tell him in person so he could freak out if he needed to before i got there lol.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• oh I forgot to add, I was 27 when I got pregnant. I told my parents around the same time I found out (about 8 weeks)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Since you are nervous, I would send him a card or letter, a happy card, just to let him know exactly where you stand with the pregnancy..........which is happy. Best wishes!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I was 17 when I first got pregnant with my 2 year old. I'm 20 now with a 2 year old and a 4 month old. I was afraid to tell my parents....but if i had been 20 i think it would have been much easier. Just call him, or ask him out to lunch and talk to him. Just tell him, it shouldn't be that hard, should it?
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009