What would you do if your cat keeps biting you and your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pets

• wow i am shocked by the responses except for riotgrrl. If one of my cats were biting me or my daughter the first thing i would do is take him or her to the vet to find out if there was anything wrong to cause them to become aggressive.   I would then do some behavior modifications if need be.   I would also look at the situation what was my daughter doing to get bitten.  If she was being mean or pestering the cat i would not hold it against the cat.  Frankly i would not blame them and as long as they were not breaking the skin i would not worry about it.   one of my cats did bite my daughter several times when she reached the limit of her patience and we still have her.  If the cat was a biter i would teach my daughter to leave them alone which i did.  the same cat that bit my daughter sleeps with her every night now that my daughter is older.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Pound.
    Anonymous

• get rid of it asap
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• get rid of the kids ;] jk, i love cats though mine are my little angels, but if you hate him surrender him or make him an outdoor cat only
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• If this was new behavior for the cat, I'd bring him or her to the vet to try to figure out what was causing the cat to behave aggresively. If the cat had always been aggresive, I would try to find him or her a new home without kids. I know some farmers around here who would take another barn cat.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Put it to sleep.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Give it away or something.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Get rid of it.
    Anonymous

• I dont really think i would have to think on that one. The cat would go. Duh.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I'm agreeing with riotgrrl and KyliesMom5. Getting rid of an animal is basically teaching irresponsibility to your children as pet owners and they'll grow up thinking its okay to get rid of an animal everytime it does something wrong.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2009