Did anyone else have this happen after a C-section and Tubal ligation?

I had a C-sectcion and Tubal ligation almost 2 months ago. After my baby was born and the Tubal ligation was completed the dr sewed me up and took me to my room and checked me. I started hemorrhaging and ended up losing half the blood in my body and my blood pressure dropped to 75/20. I had to spend 3 days in ICU and had to have 8 pints of blood. I was told I almost did not make it that night. It took them 5 hours to get me stable. Has anyone else had an experience like this or similar?

phoebeecat4

Asked by phoebeecat4 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, I had 3 c-sections and a tubal with my last, and did not have problems.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I haven't heard of this happening to anyone, but I do know that my mom hemorrhaged 3 times after having my sister (first baby for her). As far as I know they never found out why but did tell her to not have any more kids or it could kill her... I guess you could say I'm a very lucky lady to be here as I'm her second.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009