When did you buy your baby's first sippy cup?

How old were they? Does how many teeth they have matter or what ? My son is 6 months old and i was wondering if i should buy him a sippy cup or should i wait till he starts walking ?

aidensmama8

Asked by aidensmama8 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is 5 months and has one. she doesnt have any teeth yet.
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I waited longer till I knew my daughter would be able to just pick it up and know how, she was around 8-9 months.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• 6 months old. Start now and it gets him use to them faster. I put baby juice or vitamin D milk (somethimes with chocolate syrup) to get him use to it. My son just turned 9 months now and he loves his cup. Only uses bottle at night, in morn and at nap time. He doesn't like his started cup though. He uses my other kids old cip cups with hard tops instead of rubber tops. So uy different ones andhe will pick which one he likes. start with ones with handles. good luck
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It depends. If your baby is breastfeeding and you are always available and the baby isn't eating much solids then the baby doesn't need to drink anything else. When the baby starts eating more solids you may want to offer water to help the baby swallow. With winter coming unless you live in the desert your baby probably doesn't need water.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I tried at 7 months. I am trying again now at 11 months. She still wants nothing to do with it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I got my DD her first sippy cup at 4 months. She didn't get it at first. I introduced it again at 5 months and she knows what to do but can't quite get anything out of it. We'll keep trying!
    robibuni

Answer by robibuni at 5:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009