Hey Momma's give a shout out to my son? ..... He did good.

My youngest, Jim, (who is 19) just bought a brand new truck. Bless his heart, he has worked hard, done right, built his own credit, pays his own bills and he's been rewarded. He had been driving a used car (which nothing wrong with - I still drive an 04) - anyhow, he wanted a truck - a few places offered him bad deals (like being up-side-down for forever - you know how salesmen are) anyway, he negotiated with his own bank, got himself 5.39% interest and bought his very own 09 Truck (with 144 miles on it) for the same payment he was making on his used car! Not bad for a kid, huh? I'm so proud of him for being responsible and doing it the right way. Now he's talking about saving cash to buy his next new vehicle because he saved nearly $100 on his insurance when he made this deal.
Momma's with kids over 18 - Give a shout to Jim? He loves CM and likes when you all acknowledge him. I'm so proud of him.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't know you but if I did I would have to say good job mom so I'll give out 2 shouts.

way to goGood Job Jim!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Way to go, Jim!!! We are all proud of you!!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• lolol he loves CM thats cute :]

you did good jim!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• AWESOME!  Good luck and enjoy that new ride!  WHOOHOOOO!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Sorry, lol, I don't have any kids over 18 but I'm so happy for you and him I had to say something anyways!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Wow, he's smart and that's great, now don't let some girl come in and mess it up for you, protect yourself and your credit! :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I should add the rest of his deal - because he did do really well. He negotiated the price of the truck down so that he could bury his negative equity without being up-side-down. Knew what his insurance would be before he signed the deal. Negotiated NO DOWN PAYMENT with his bank AND he managed to get his satellite radio company to GIVE him a receiver for the truck (which wasn't satellite ready) - Plus he didn't buy into all the hype vehicles. He bought a truck just a step up from manual window so he could have power locks - took a white one because it was priced better, AND he made sure they gave him a full tank of gas in the truck before he left the lot. He did it all by himself (of course he was texting me the whole time and I was saying "did you ask" this and that - so he wasn't completely alone) but by and large he did it by himself. Nothing makes your heart feel better than to see your kids do good for himself, ya know?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Way to Go Kiddo! Proud of You 2 Momma for teaching him right! Kudo's to you as well!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Awesome job Jim!!! Can you talk to my 18 year old about money?? LOL! FANTASTIC JOB!!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• He blogs a LOT and I've been trying to talk him into blogging about teens, finances and credit - he's thinking about it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009