Gestational Diabetes

I failed my 1 hour test for gestational diabetes and i go back tomorrow for the 3 hour. At my last appointment my doctor said my uterus was measuring a little big. My question is with my uterus measuring big and if it turns out I have diabetes will my baby be big?

mycheyl

Asked by mycheyl at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had GD with my 3rd pregnancy, my doctor kept telling me the baby would be a 10-pounder but at birth he was the smallest of my 3, weighing in at 8-lb 2-oz.
    Anonymous

• No dear they will teach you to watch your diet and you and your baby will be fine.
    Anonymous

• Not always. If you do have GD, You will be instructed on what to eat, how much to walk and they will monitor your pregnancy closer than usual but your baby will be just fine. I dont envy you that 3 hour GD test, I thought I would starve to death waiting for it to be over. best of luck to you
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009