Has your kid ever thrown up for no real reason?

Joss (nine months old) threw up her lunch a little while ago. I'm not quite sure why. Her temp was 99, but she tends to run around that anyway. She hasn't been sick at all, not even a runny nose or cold. I do know that her dad was making her laugh right before it happened. I also know that she drank a little water after she finished her lunch. Think she could've overfilled her belly and played too hard too soon?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son used to do that quite a bit. The last time I think was last Christmas. He didn't look like he felt too good...and my brother thought he was choking on something (not too sure why he thought that! lol)...so he patted his stomach and his brand new Christmas suit was ruined in 10 minutes flat! lol. As long as she's fine now I wouldn't worry about it. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It could be that she just had a HUGE air bubble under her meal. Unless she does it again or shows other symptoms I wouldnt worry to much abouot just one time.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• 99? where? well everytime my dd pukes she is usually very sick. she has gotten the rotovirus 4 times. soonce the puking stars it usually wont stop
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had a cousin who used to do that all the time (and I don't think he outgrew it til jr high, not to scare you or anything :P ) For him it was just overexcitement, either right after he ate or while he ate. Things like holidays where he got to run around with other kids he only saw a few times a year were just AWESOME (note heavy sarcasm).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2009