How long after giving birth were you able to have sex?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 3:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HAHA...10 days! Lol I had an allll natural delivery with no tears or anything and I felt awesome right afterward. The only reason we waited that long was cause we were nervous. It didnt hurt at all.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I only waited about 2 weeks after my first was born.  And that was pushing it, lol.  Only reason I waited that long was because hubby knew I had stitches that wouldn't disolve for 2 weeks!  3 or 4 days after my daughter was born.  It's all up to you and what your body is doing babe.  If you don't feel comfortable or like you are ready, then don't. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The doctor said to wait six weeks. My hubby was more than ready at that point but my body just wasn't ready.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I think we waited like around 4 or 5 months to even start trying and then sex didn't really become normal again until like around 8 or 9 months. I had torn really bad and I swear my doctor sewed me back up too tight 'cause it hurt 100 times worse than when I had lost my virginity.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had a c section and my hubby and i had sex 5 days later.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 3:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Doctor said 6 weeks, so I waited 6 weeks. I wasn't that desperate, plus I was sooooo busy with my new baby she's all I thought about.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i just had my first 3 months ago, and my husband and i tried around the 4 week mark, but i just wadnt ready, then again around 5... and right after i feel ready at my 6 week appt i got my period.. figures. to be honest though... it still feels tender, just on one side though. not really tender, just tighter i guess, and my husband agrees, lol... but everyones body is different
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I had a c-section and we waited until she was about 2 1/2 weeks old and did the naughty for the first time. I needed to get over the whole boob engorgment before I even thought about doign the naughty again!
    Anonymous

• Never....that is what got me into that mess in the first place! lol 2 months for me.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• With my first we tried at 6 weeks and it was very painful and didn't end up happening. I would say at least 3 months and I ended up getting some horemone suppositories from my doctor which did help. With the second I was really nervous but again we tried at 6 weeks and everything was fine that time. I don't know why the first was so much worse.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009