advice on scheduling for SAHM

Just wondering how other stay at home moms out there schedule their day. It is so hard for me to get into a routine and be consistent with anything. ( seriously think I have ADD) I want to be on a tight, efficient schedule but have no idea how to start so any advice would be lovely.
PS- only have a 2 year old at home during the day, older kiddos are at school

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've learned the best thing to do is make your schedule around theirs. I schedule cleaning, errands, lunch, ect. around my daughter's naps and when she is hungry. I noticed after about a week or so, we got on one 'cause she'd go down for a nap around the same time and she'd get hungry around the same time everyday.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I'm not a SAHM, but I work from home 3 days per week with them. ... they wake around 7:30 give or take, breakfast by 8... they play for a while and I do morning dishes and clean up the kitchen until they start fighting, lol, then we usually go down to the family room where they play and I do laundry until they start fighting, then its usually snack time around 10:30, then we read books, etc. lunch is about 12:00, then my son (2.5) goes down for a nap about 12:30 and my daughter (4.5) gets big girl time, a movie, maybe we'll play a game together...etc. I also get some work done during this time. My son wakes by about 3ish, snack time at 4, dinner at 6, bath by 7. DD goes to bed at 8:30 and DS right after that. I wish their bedtimes were earlier, we are working on that now. Throughout the day I'm on the computer working here and there, or straightening up, etc. Cont.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• The bulk of my cleaning and errands are done on the weekends when DH is available to help with the kids... but I do try and do small things throughout the week to keep up.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009