Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

childcare for part time work

i recently moved from out of state and am having a hard time. finding a daycare that will fit in with our budget. and i am looking for someone who may be interested in helping out a couple of days a week, to maybe have playdates for a couple of hours.

Answer Question

Asked by rach1404 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You might find someone on your local Craigslist.

    Answer by Gailll at 4:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • Be very very careful about who you leave your kids with please! I would not leave them with someone I didn't know personally, or at least a licensed child care provider just because I have had a bad experience with finding someone to babysit when i was desperate. She left my 2 year old in her apartment alone while she took my oldest and her daughter 5 miles away to pick up her boyfriend at work. he was there alone for over 30 minutes, and because she was not licensed and there was no absolute proof, there was nothing I could do about it to have her punished or anything like that. When its an adult's word against a child, it often doesn't stand up legally. So please please be careful. Plus, it is illegal for anyone to provide child care over a certain amount of hours if they are not licensed.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 5:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

  • Yes, definitely leave you lo with someone you trust!

    Answer by mamasarias at 6:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.