?

My daughter is 5 months and has always been a very easy baby ( I have nothing to compare her to, but seems that way) the last week has been such a struggle! She is crying and cranky, wont take naps, eats all day, fusses and wines! What could the problem be? Im having such a hard time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething perhaps. Or a growth spurt.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• talk to her doctor about it.. she shouldnt be eating ALL day. Has she been pooping fine? peeing enough? What does she eat?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a growth spurt with all the eating, but the other symptoms sound like possible teething. Maybe make her an appt with her pedi so they can point you in the right direction.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• yes she poops normal, 1-2 times everyday, and pee is normal too. i breast feed her and supplement with formuls because i dont make as much milk as she is eating. so every feeding she eats off me then has 2 ounces of similac.
    Anonymous

• It's probably teething. And if she's just eating breast milk and formula, perhaps it's time to start her on some cereal. Try some teething rings or orajel or just call and talk to her doctor.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• What makes you think she isn't getting enough from nursing? Just because she will take a bottle doesn't mean she needs it.

The way you tell is by stools and weight gain. She should gain about a pound a month and at this age she may not have a stool every day. Since she is over 4 months starting solids would be better than formula. She should meet her sucking needs at your breast so you have the best supply. She could start on formula.

With stopping bottles you could see your supply increase in only 1 or 2 days. There have been times when I have been very ill and my supply has dropped. Increased nursing would bring it right back. I was even hospitalized once with pneumonia and septicemia and my supply rebounded quickly when I was reunited with my baby.

The website www.kellymom.com has great info on starting solids. Banana is a good first solid.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009