Do you always tip?

Do you always tip food delievery guys?

What about beauty services? Ie, nails, waxing, hair styling, etc.

Or other services? Ie car maintence, the kids at the grocery store that take your cart to your car, etc..

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Any personal service (non-medical) yes. Food delivery, if I have ordered it, not a gift, then yes. The kids who help load groceries into my car, yes (my son was a bag boy and I know how happy he was to count his tips after work.)

Not car maintenance. I do tip the UPS guy and the mail carrier at Christmas. I'd trip the trash collection guys at Christmas but the collection point is too far away so it won't work.

Answer by Bmat at 3:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i do when i order food. they have to pay for their own gas its only fair. when i got my hair or nails done. yes i did tip bc i want to come back and get a my hair./ nails done nice lol. No one takes our carts at the store u bring them back urself unless he/she is out collecting them but no i dont tip for that. my car my dad fixes no i dont tip him (well i guess u could say i do bc i have bought cigarettes for him more then once) In Italy is rude to tip. The people there make good money doing "crappy" jobs lol. my brother was in Italy for about a year or so. got so use to not tipping. we ordered pizza the ass didnt tip. needless to say we no longer eat there and my brother got an ear full from everyone for not tipping lol
    Anonymous

• Yes to pizza delivery.
    Yes to my hair dresser, she is so sweet.
    I cant think of any other services, the epidural guy maybe?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I am a waitress and i tip food service people most food delivery people rely on their tips for gas money so i always tip them for bringing me food. depending on the state and federal laws most food service peole do not make minimum wage so they rely on tips to make up for it!
    Sami_lue87

Answer by Sami_lue87 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I do when I order food.
    When I used to get my hair done, I would tip.
    My car maintenance guy gets a nice tip but he's my husband! LOL
    I don't tip the guy that takes our cart out, we tried once and they aren't allowed to accept tips.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Always. If someone is doing me a service I tip them. When I get my hair, brows or pedi's done I tip. Pizza deliver or any other food delivery I tip. Bellmen at hotels, servers at dining places - I even personally tip the bus person busting the tables.

I work for the state of MD and I have a Procurment Visa which allows me to make purchases for my department on and off campus. When I order lunches and refreshments for meetings I put the cost on the pro-card, so it cost me nothing. However, the state prohibits us from leaving a tip using that card so I tip the delivery person out my pocket. It's not his fault that I can't tip him using the card and I'm not about to have him schlepp all that stuff all over campus for me in all kinds of weather and not give him something. My dept. knows this and do you think they offer to reimburse me for any of my $ I've put out thru the yrs - nope. But 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• And I wish I could get the word out to people to stop leaving 15% tip when dining. That minimum has been raised and now is 18% and 20%+ for really good service. People in service jobs don't make a killing from the actual job it's their tips they live off of and support families with. So the next time you're out remember unless you receive really poor service tip 18-20%. It's not the servers fault your steak wasn't medium like you ordered; a good server will return your steak and get you exactly what you requested, no questions asked. The kitchen is often behind many of the mistakes or fubs that happen and your server is the face of those mistakes.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I never tipped hair stylists until I was in my mid-20's. It just wasnt something that was really ever done LOL til then and thats when it seemed to start being a thing to do.

Always tip waiters/waitresses, food delivery dudes, manicurists(whatever they are called).

Dont tip car mechanics, mail people, grocery store people,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• i always tip on pretty much everything. i was a server for many years and it sucks that you have to live off your tips. where i live, servers make $2.89 an hour and don't even end up seeing that because that is part of the taxes they must pay into. therefore, we all make a living off our tips. the going rate here is 20% for good service. i bust my ass to be exceptional and alot of the time i would only get around 13-14% and other times i'd get 25%. it all depends on the people. i stopped working in the food industry because you never know. you could work a 6 hour shift and only come home with 20 bucks since you rely on tips and who knows how your table is going to go.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Pizza delivery & Servers 100%

But I have never heard of tipping for hair and nails or anything like that. I didn't know I was supposed to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2009