Miscarriages/children

I note on here a lot that people who have had miscarriages count that as one of their children. Like 2 kids and one in heaven and then you see in their profile they miscarried at 8 or 10 weeks. Do you consider a miscarriage as one of your children, why or why not? Is this linked to be pro-life, attachment, ect... Not a question to judge others, just wondering..

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks with my first pregnancy. And I do have that baby listed on my siggy. For me it has to do with attachment and not to do with any political pro-life/pro-choice feelings. From the moment I got a BFP, I had hopes and dreams and everything that every mom has for their child. The fact that my pregnancy ended in the first trimester doesn't take away the fact that I loved that baby and that child is still very much in my heart, just as my other children are. It really has nothing to do with politics or when I feel that life begins or anything like that- it has to do with the emotional componants of pregnancy loss for me.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• When I go to the OB-GYN they ask me "how many times have you been pregnant?" which I answer 3. then they say "how many children do you have?" that's when I say 1. they way I look at it is my son just wasn't ready the first 2 times around.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 4:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I don't count my miscarriages as children. My son had a baby born that was about 6 inches long. He wasn't big enough that we had to bury him. The hospital did have them give him a name and took pictures, ect. We consider him to be a baby.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yes, I do count it. I say that I have been pregnant 4 times and have 3 children.
    Anonymous