What Does Castor Oil Do?

I'm sorry, I must be on coffee overload today, lol. Has anyone drank castor oil? What did it do to you? I'm so lost as to what it actually does, LOL.

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It makes you shit your guts out. The theory is that the intestinal contractions will start uterine contractions.
    I have never known any body it has worked for though.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yep, it gives you the runs, Who says you cant learn from cartoons like Tom and Jerry! lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Sorry that my answer was rather blunt, but sometimes the truth hurts. :D
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• No offense taken here!  I've been curious because I keep hearing women on here saying that they are drinking it to start labor and that seems to make little sense to me.  Lets have the runs and start labor, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, lol.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• There have been no studies done showing it works. I wouldn't drink the stuff. I don't understand why women are in such a hurry. I wanted the baby to stay in as long as possible!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My second child was 10 days overdue, so I took Castor oil. It didn't do anything but give me diarrhea. I had him 4 days later. It tastes worse than anything you can possibly imagine!

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Castor Oil causes you to poop, and during pregnancy it can cause uterine contractions, bringing on labor. The danger is that it can cause the baby to poop in the womb, and the baby can have the baby poop inhaled in his lungs when born causing severe breathing problems.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Yes I agree all it does is make you poop! It was the WORST thing I ever drank in my life, the stupid things we do to try to go into labor! haha
    Anonymous

• Castor oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaCastor oil is a vegetable oil obtained from the castor bean (technically castor seed as the castor plant, Ricinus communis, is not a member of the bean ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_oil

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• DO NOTuse Castor Oil to try and induce labor as it is VERY poisonous and even deadly when used in high doses!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009