should i not go get my eyebrows done since i dont have enough to tip?

another question on here got me thinking.
i usually get my eyebrows threaded by a lady that lives in my apt building. shes REALLY good and im in dier need of getting my eyebrows done. she charges 7 for. i only have exactly 7 dollars on me. would it be rude to have her do my eyebrows if i cant tip? should i wait until tomorrow morning when ill have a chance to run to the atm and get some more cash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Can you tip her with homemade cookies? Or tell her that you will tip her double next time. I wish I knew somebody that does threading.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Give her a call and ask if you can tip her in the morning when you can run to the atm. If not, just wait until tomorrow.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• nope
    Anonymous

• If she does it out of her home there is NO need to tip her as she is not paying chair rent in a salon.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• lol...your cute.
    if you can wait...then wait. You both will be happy.
    OR simply ask her if you can run by her a tip ASAP after the job. Im sure she wont have a problem w/ it. She wants your repeat biz, eh?
    giannasbabyboo

Answer by giannasbabyboo at 6:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Oh & btw... just bc someone works out of their home doesnt mena you shouldnt tip them. Their in a biz where tipping is appreciated. Especially during these times. Happy tipping!!! :)
    giannasbabyboo

Answer by giannasbabyboo at 6:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• ^ " oh & btw"^...if someone is working out of their home, they are working illegally (unless, of course, it is a REAL salon/spa, with current business/city credentials/licenses posted in clear view of patrons)..so no tip is needed...appreciated, yes...but she's pocketing the money/not paying taxes on her 'profit', and isn't paying a rent/commission. i'm guessing her 'business' is cash only.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• thehairnazi...she does has salon/spa credentials (yes, posted up on her wall in her apt) she also works in an Indian Salon but she does it from her house to get some extra money. Im usually her only costumer because we were talking about threading one day and she said she wouldnt mind doing it for me from her apt because her salon is about 30 min away. and for those who are curious, i called and asked her to do it tomorrow morning so i could giive her the tip she deserves

Anonymous