HOW TO GET MY 3 MONTH OLD SON TO STAY FULL LONGER

MY SON IS 3 MONTHES OLD AN WEIGHS ABOUT 14LBS AN THE DOCTOR SAID HES THE RIGHT LENGTH FOR HIS WEIGHT AN EVERYTHING.HES JUST GROWING FAST. BUT MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I KEEP HIM FULL LONGER BECAUSE RIGHT NOW HE EATS EVERY 2 HRS!SOMETIMES LONGER IF HES SLEEPING, BUT NEVER LONGER THEN THAT. I WAS TOLD TO PUT A SMALL AMOUNT OF CEREAL IN HIS FORMULA ONLY LIKE ONCE A DAY..BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE BECAUSE HE STILL EATS EVERY 2 HRS!! WHAT SHOULD I DO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? ITS EVEN LIKE THIS AT NIGHT. OR IS NORMAL FOR HIS AGE AN THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT? PLZ LET ME KNOW :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There isn't anything you can do about it except maybe try to up the ounces he drinks. So if he drinks 3 oz, make it 4 oz and see if he drinks it all. Other than that, he's going to eat when he's hungry.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• How many ounces is he taking? Does he keep it down or spit up? My daugter is 4 months 18lbs and is taking 6 oz every 3 hours. But she was taking 4 -5oz every two hours a few wks ago. but when I gave her more she would spit up. She will now even spit up once in a while w/ the 6. Its hard. There are just some babies that want to eat a lot more often than others unfortunately.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• HES DRINKING 6 OZ
    kirstyn11288

Answer by kirstyn11288 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Have you tried increasing the amount of fomula you feed him at each sitting? If you usually give him 4 oz at a time then make 6oz and see if the extra formula helps. Otherwise there is not much you can do other than feed him when he is hungry.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• you don't want to put cereal in their bottle. His little body wont' be able to digest it. My son did the same thing, eventually it gets longer. I know you are tired but this part isn't forever, I PROMISE!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Its normal, it is a growth spurt.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Mine ate every 2 hours almost from the moment they were born. At 6 weeks, they took 8oz every 2 hours.

He's hungry, just feed him!! Feed on demand and sleep on demand.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Welcome to motherhood! Sometimes times are better then others, basically all the good times should blur your reality when it comes to the two hour feedings. LOL! What you are going through is completely normal. Whatever you do, do not add cereal to baby's bottle there are so many reasons why you shouldn't and as you realize it is an old wives tale about the cereal in a bottle equaling sleep. As you can see it normally causes the opposite effect, a more wakeful child. Follow babies needs and realize that these sleepless times are nothing compared to the lifetime of amazing you have with baby. Good Luck and wait it out, it won't last forever!

Anonymous

• No cereal in the bottle. It's a choking hazard. You CANNOT get him to strewtch out the feedings. He will do that H(IMSELF when he's ready.

In this e4arly stage, there's really very little you can do to influence eating or sleeping.You have to go with the flow.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009