My husband is always sleepy!!

Its natural and normal to get sleepy, but my husband, who's only 29, is always sleepy. He can have slept an entire 24 hour day, and yawn and fall asleep if he just sits down. I don't know what to do. He never has time for me, we have sex for like 15 minutes before bed and thats it. If we sit together he'll fall asleep. If we go out, he'll get tired and want to come home. He really can't help it. but it's so frustrating. What should I do? Oh and all the coffee in the world will make him even sleepier.Anyone with similar problems??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• My hubby is the same way and it is frustrating! What frustrates me more is it seems like he is fine around other people but if it is just us, he is constantly tired and falling asleep. Just wish sometimes he would use some of that energy he has when friends or other family members are around to spend a nice day with me.
    Anonymous

• My husband is similar - he will get a average night's sleep and not do too much that I would consider "tiring" and still be complaining about how tired he is, and fall asleep early, or be cranky. Which really bugged me for awhile, but I eventually figured out that he has two problems; first, he is just one of those ppl that NEEDS 9-10 hrs of sleep a night. Some ppl get by fine on 8, for me I function best on 6, but some really do need 9 or 10. Second, he has problems with chemical depression, and that can have a huge impact on tiredness. The latter sounds like it may be your DH's problem - if he sleeps constantly, that is. Unless he has some sort of weird work schedule, which can also affect energy, even if they've been on the schedule for a long time.
    PM me if you want any tips on how to figure out what the problem is - I've been right in your shoes!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Try having his thyroid checked. I was like that, and it was a thyroid problem.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My initial thought is sleep apnea and it's interferrng with their quality of sleep and they are never fully rested..

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/sleep-apnea-symptoms

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It's oppposite for me. I'm the tired one but i'm 40 weeks pregnant and that's my excuse. My SO can stay awake till 4/5 in the morning..
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009