Kicking a child

So this is just to prove a point. Someone I know has a 6 year old. He got mad at another kid and was hitting him so the dad went up to the child an kicked him in the butt. Not full force but still pretty hard. Hard enough that it scared the other kid too. What do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would never kick a child -he could hurt his lower back and cause damage- I go to a chriopractor- he should never have done that. He could have seperated and did a time out or told them to knock it off ina Dads loud voice, even take away the kid who started it tv shows for a day, but kicking is not good.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I say you tell the other kids dad so that the kids dad can kick him back.
    Don't ever raise a hand (or foot, as the case may be) to someone else's child.
    It is not your place.
    Dyssy

Answer by Dyssy at 4:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Abuse is abuse. It's just wrong. It also gave a bad message (that hitting/kicking another person is ok when it's not)

Answer by admckenzie at 5:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I'M ON A FACE PUNCHING RAMPAGE TODAY!  I would have punched him in his face!  How dare an adult do that to a child!  That ass!  Errrg, sorry, I don't mean to keep going off on other peoples posts, must be the hormones, lol.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• wrong. i spank but i would have removed my child from the situation if she was the offendwer and talk to her. if she was teh victim i would tell her to smack him
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• sounds like something a dad would do....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I probably wouldnt have thought much of it.

I dont worry about what others do to discipline their child unless its obviously severe. A slight kick in the rear isnt what I deem severe so I wouldnt have worried about it.

Would I have done it...no. Would my hubby have done it...no.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• OMG!! What an asshole!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• wait did they dad kick his son or the other child?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• his son
    Anonymous