HES 3 MONTHS DRINKING 6OZ AN IS STILL HUNGRY EVERY 2HRS!!

MY SON IS 3 MONTHES OLD AN WEIGHS ABOUT 14LBS AN THE DOCTOR SAID HES THE RIGHT LENGTH FOR HIS WEIGHT AN EVERYTHING.HES JUST GROWING FAST. BUT MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I KEEP HIM FULL LONGER BECAUSE RIGHT NOW HE EATS EVERY 2 HRS!SOMETIMES LONGER IF HES SLEEPING, BUT NEVER LONGER THEN THAT. I WAS TOLD TO PUT A SMALL AMOUNT OF CEREAL IN HIS FORMULA ONLY LIKE ONCE A DAY..BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE BECAUSE HE STILL EATS EVERY 2 HRS!! WHAT SHOULD I DO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? ITS EVEN LIKE THIS AT NIGHT. OR IS NORMAL FOR HIS AGE AN THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT? PLZ LET ME KNOW :)

TO U WHO HAVE ALREADY READ THIS QUESTION IM SRY I FORGOT TO LET PPL KNOW HOW MANY OZ HES DRINKING

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• little piggy! LOL My son eats just like yours! My son is almost 5 months old and ever since he was 2 months old he has eaten 5 ounces every 2 hours. I am starting him on baby food but he still eats 5 ounces every 2 hours! LOL
    My older two boys were the same way. I just had to make sure I had plenty of baby food and formula on hand! LOL
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 4:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Hmmmm maybe because your feeding formula instead of breastmilk?
    Anonymous

• 14 pounds! My grandson is 12 months and weighs 18 pounds. He is overeating. Babies have a strong suckling desire that is supposed to be met at the breast. When you breastfeed a baby spends a large amount of time at the breast suckling away even in their sleep and not getting anything.

Try a very small hole nipple. If he doesn't use a pacifier he may need one or let him suck on your finger. He is too young for cereal, what is the doctor thinking?!

Don't feed him every 2 hours. If he is crying try other things. Feed him every 3-4 hours. He may feel much better once he stops overeating. A fat baby is not a healthy baby. A fat baby is on the way to having problems the rest of his life. Especially a fat formula fed baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Put the cereal in naptime and bedtime bottles if ur doc told u to use cereal. Use a pacifier between feeding maybe he just wants to suck on something. U can distract a baby by singing and rocking him or taking for a walk in stroller.
    Anonymous