Sympathetic toward Anita Tedaldi

Article

After reading this article about a mother who gave up her adoptive baby, I completely understand her decision. This article is about a lady who desired to adopt, but could not form an attachment to the child because it was special needs. Love is not automatic. Why do can't our culture respect decisions that are most responsible and honest?

I personally shun people who criticize other people who are honest about themselves. Too many times, children suffer the consequences of non-loving parents who say differently because of cultural pressures. I personally have very high expectations and cannot tolerate a special needs child (especially Down's syndrome). I can only do best by being honest to not put myself and a child in that situation. I would probably become abusive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I salute your honesty.
    There are a lot of people out there that want a child no matter the child's situation.
    There are also a lot of people that cannot deal with, or do not want to deal with a special needs child.
    I don't find anything wrong with the parent who does not want, or cannot deal with, that special needs child finding said child a home in which he/she can flourish.
    Dyssy

Answer by Dyssy at 5:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• It took ALLOT of courage on that woman's part to give her adopted baby up, and I applaud her decision. At least she was honest!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• why isn't this in the Adoption category, not here?
    Anonymous

• OP here,

I guess I just didn't look close enough to the site navigation. I'm not looking to adopt. My question is about bonding which is where I was heading in my thought, a relationship.
    Anonymous