can you wear a ring guard over just the wedding band?

I have a plain flat wedding band and was wondering if I could wear a ring guard over it (a ring guard that has a band on either side and you fit the original ring in the center)
I like my engagement ring the way it is but would like to draw more attention to my wedding band... any ideas?

VLY

Asked by VLY at 5:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Shopping

• i take it you wear both your wedding band and engagement ring. why don't you just take off the engagement ring for a bit and see how that goes. idk. i think a ring guard might make it look funny, IMO.
    Anonymous

• The plain gold ring looks funny just by itself... besides I do want to keep wearing my engagement ring (solitaire)...
    I have also discovered that the wedding band has been cutting into the prongs on my engagement ring...
    VLY

Answer by VLY at 6:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• my wedding band cut into the prongs of my solitaire also because they were yellow gold. i think you'll find the wrap will also cut into your prongs. if you can, have your solitaire reset in a gold setting with a higher alloy content, or have your prongs made of white gold nobody will notice the difference with the band being yellow gold. yellow gold is softer and any band that rests against those prongs will dent them.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree I think that might not look good. on a plain ring. Sorry. But maybe you could put on some diamonds,
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009