Have you ever been yelled at by a total stranger in public?

My husband and I were at a bookstore, waiting in line to check out. There was a woman behind us and the person in front of us was checking out. My husband and I were talking about something funny that had happened at home earlier that day, and we were both laughing, not even paying attention to anyone else. Suddenly this angry voice behind us said "WHAT'S so funny???" I turned my head and the woman behind us was just glaring at me hatefully. "What's so funny??" she asked again. We weren't being loud at all, we were talking about something personal, and we didn't even see her until her outburst. I tried to tell her that but she didn't believe me and I wasn't going to stand there and get into it with the wacko. After we checked out and got in the car she came outside, saw me in the car and stood there giving me another evil glare. It was so freaky, we had to make sure she didn't follow us when we drove home!

Mama2JoshKatie

Asked by Mama2JoshKatie at 5:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow! People can be so crazy...I had a woman tell me not to punish my son in Wal Mart on day. My older son had hit my second son so I preceeded to punish my older son. Well a woman from the next isle over told me that it wasn't his fault and "don't do that". I told her to mind her own business.....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• What a freak. Then again, I'm pretty volatile when it comes to strangers. I'd have turned around and said something pretty nasty, I just know it.
    Dyssy

Answer by Dyssy at 5:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Well not yelled at but I will never forget this uppity b*tch behind me in the checkout. I was letting my dd swipe the card so we were taking our time. This lady is like "I dont have time for this!" Just made me feel bad cause she insulted my 2 year old.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Many times!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• That's weird...good thing she didn't point to her eyes then at ya'll like saying I am watching you...lol

Don't worry about it she was probably having a bad day or wish was laughing too. Just pray for her.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Oh, yeah! It was my first day on the job at Victoria's Secret. I was out on the sales floor excited to help my first customer. This woman walks up with a smile on her face, I greeted her, asked if I could help her and that's when the bottom fell out.......She asked how I could live with myself working in a place like that, ranted that she couldn't bring her sons to the mall because of the filth that was hung in the windows and she went on and on and on....I was absolutely dumbfounded. She acted as if I was standing there in lingerie swinging from a stripper pole or something. I'm not sure what I did, grabbed the manager or something, I was totally caught off guard. They said it happened all the time. I'm like, lady, I just work here, okay? I make 8bucks and hour and have nothing to do with executive decisions, lol. I just like makeup and lotions and pretty undies, lol. I was pretty traumatized, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Y'all do realize crazy never takes a vacation... And, I've never been yelled at in public. I think it's because I give off the "I will punch you in the throat" vibes...
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 6:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I was berated in a check out line. The guy behind me was mad that I was using coupons (I think I had about 10 coupons, but the clerk had trouble with a couple of them). He said he didn't have time for this, that people shouldn't be aloud to use coupons, I was wasting his time, he ranted on. I told him that my husband had just been laid off and I thought coupons were better than going on welfare. I also asked if he would like to pay for my groceries - with his credit card or his tax dollars. It was pretty funny to watch him react. I think he thought I was a brainless stay at home mom with nothing better to do but waste his time in line.

It left me pretty upset afterward. I kinda felt like the checkout lady should have stood up for me or called the manager!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 10:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Did anyone see that one movie about the old lady who cursed the lady at the bank for not giving her a loan??? Drag Me To Hell??? Be careful. You may die
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I have been and I have also yelled at complete strangers as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009