Would you wait til later?

I am supposed to give my kids some school work after they have had a snack after school, but even then my kids are like aw mom we just came from school.

But for some reason I can not get after it with them, I also babysit during the day which makes it harder to get into it. There are days that are ok but like today I just want this day to be over with.

My son has practice today and by the time he gets home there is only enough time to eat, bathe and sleep. That is why I'd perfer to do it right after school but I am feeling lazy....idk why :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't think kids should have homework. I'd let them do it whenever.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I have my kids get to their work after their snack, but that's just us. If I let them run off and play I'd never get them settled back down enough to want to focus on their work. This way, they really want to get it done and know that once it's all done, they have free time until dinner. It frees my time up too afterward, because I help with homework.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 5:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Just wondering if you ever considered home educating your children? You are home anyway, why not spend that time with your own children? It may not be right for you, or your family, but it may be.
    :-)
    RanchWifeandMom

Answer by RanchWifeandMom at 6:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• My son does his homework right after he comes home and changes his clothes. Granted, he's only 5 and in Kindergarten, so it isn't much (at least 15 minutes of reading and anything else the teacher sends home) but that way, it's done and out of the way.

Work before play.
    Anonymous

• I let my son run off built up energy from sitting at school all day. He plays until dinnner time, then sits at the table in the kitchen doing homework while I cook.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Remember YOU are the parent and YOU know what's best. Yeah their "awh Mom" pulls your strings but YOU must get them to DO it NOW!

Make them aware that if they don't get it done they can't go to practice. It will motivate them to get it done! I explain to my kids that snack time is their little break and then it's TO WORK!

I let that be my down time too, making sure my mind is cleared out and I'm ready to focus on homework when the time arrives. It's SO much easier to just push through and get it done rather then having to fight over it later, for you and them. The more you start enforcing this the faster they will get in touch with this. They WILL respond (it might take you a time or two)

Marian
    www.urcalm.com
    www.growingbyfaith.com
    calmmarian19

Answer by calmmarian19 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2009