does LDS preach that you must be part of their church to be saved?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you wanna live with God and Jesus and your family for all eternity then you need to be a part of the church because there are ordinances and such that they have that other churches do not have that enable you to get to the highest level of the kingdoms where God/Jesus and your families(if worthy) will be.

It can get complicated when you dont know the teachings of the church but basically...its better to be a member of the church if you want to live with God/Jesus and your families.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I think so. I had a friend that was part of the church and that was the impression I got. She worried about me because I wouldn't join.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• No, to put it in the simplest terms we believe in different levels of heaven.

So one has to have participated in (and be faithful to) our church ordinances to go to the highest level, but a good person of any faith can have some form of heaven-like salvation.
    Anonymous

• No. We believe that all men will be judged according to their own sins.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009